All property photos
3D Virtual Tour
- 3 bedroom, 3.5 bath single family home spread across 3 awe-inspiring levels and boasting ~2,325 square feet (per draftsman)
- Modern design aesthetic with custom fabricated steel, millwork, and glass, culminating in a rare Sausalito modern masterpiece
- Living area with soaring ceilings, remote-controlled gas fireplace, media cabinets, and Sonos, Polk Audio, and JBL equipment
- Ideal indoor/outdoor flow with sliding glass wall that leads to faux-grass terrace, Ipe deck, and plumbed fire pit with views of the Bay
- Open kitchen / dining area separated by casual dine-in breakfast bar; sliding glass wall leads to exterior BBQ patio at rear
- Gleaming chef’s kitchen with Thermador Grand Professional appliance suite, silestone counters, and Heath Ceramics backsplash
- Two-toned cabinets including white lacquer and wood grain, custom under cabinet LEDs, and spotlights with remote controls
- Two generously-sized bedrooms on second level with laundry on the hall, built-in office, and closets with built-in storage systems
- Primary bedroom (or media / entertainment room if desired) located on top floor and features an adjacent roof deck w/ epic views
- Gorgeously outfitted bathrooms feature powered mirrors with perimeter lighting, rain showers, Graff fixtures, and custom tilework
- CAT6, radiant heat on all 3 levels, LeGrand light switches on dimmers, French oak flooring, and integrated speakers throughout
- Two-car garage with automatic remote-controlled translucent door with enough space left for storage and cabinets if desired
- A+ location in Sausalito with views from Wolfback Ridge to Coit Tower, Alcatraz, Angel Island and beyond; minutes from SF
Welcome to 211 West Street in sunny Sausalito! This modern masterpiece is three years in the making, culminating in a striking single-family home spread across three awe-inspiring levels.
The experience of this showstopper begins at the street. The handsome exterior shows off clean, modern lines and the significant setback maximizes privacy in this magical setting. A pathway along the southern side of the property, dotted with exterior lights, leads past a garden oasis and to the front door. Surrounded by fine materials, such as ironspot Norman brick and cedar, the quality and craftsmanship quickly become evident.
Stepping into the main living space, soaring ceilings and floor to ceiling glass are the first impressions. Sunlight bounces around the voluminous interior, reflecting off the plate glass staircase, French oak floors, and custom walnut millwork. A gigantic sliding wall opens to the home’s primary outdoor living area - a space split into three sections to accommodate your every whim. Whether it’s reading a book on the Ipe deck, catching rays on the maintenance-free turf, or stargazing with friends around the plumbed fire pit, the outdoor space has it all. A cedar privacy fence runs the perimeter and views of San Francisco Bay punctuate the experience. The living room is centered by a remote-controlled gas fireplace, includes an HDMI-ready recess for a flatscreen, and features two media cabinets. Sonos, Polk, and JBL equipment are included.
Back inside, the remainder of the main living / entertainment floor is comprised of a powder room, dining room, and custom kitchen outfitted with top-end appliances and finishes. The dining room and kitchen are separated by a breakfast bar, the perfect spot to sip morning coffee and answer emails on the laptop. A BBQ patio is conveniently located off this area through a sliding wall.
The magazine-worthy kitchen gleams with white lacquer cabinetry, tiled backsplash by Heath Ceramics, and a top-of-the-line stainless appliance package by Thermador Grand Professional. Custom under cabinet and spot lights are controlled by remotes, and durable Spanish Silestone counters provide plenty of prep space. A pot-filler is conveniently located above the 6-burner gas range, and a steam oven is integrated into the cabinets.
The architectural anchor of the home is a custom 3-story steel and glass staircase that ascends the entire home, a stunning focal point in this immaculate residence. The second level consists of two generously-sized bedrooms, one of which has a built-in home office. The east bedroom faces the view, which is dominated by the Bay Bridge and rolling hills dotted with lights and high-end homes. The hallway boasts a full bath and a laundry closet. The west bedroom has an en-suite bath and both bedrooms feature closets with built-in storage systems.
Ascending the top floor, this level is versatile and could be the primary bedroom but could also function as an entertainment space if desired. The roofline becomes a point of interest as cedar planks line the bellows-shaped ceiling, which terminates into a wall of transom windows high above the stairwell. Floor to ceiling glass allow light and stunning views to pour in, all culminating in an epic roof deck. The roof deck boasts 270-degree views all the way from Wolfback Ridge, Coit Tower, Alcatraz, Angel Island, and beyond. Watch sailboats dance across the bay, fog curl over the ridge, and experience incredible sun and moonrises from this vantage point.
The primary bathroom is gorgeously outfitted, with Roman Urbana tilework in the shower, James Martin dual vanity, huge powered mirror with perimeter lighting, and Graff shower fixtures. A tub is located within the shower enclosure and a custom window lets in views of the Bay! A walk-in closet with built-ins rounds out the upper level.
Features throughout the home include radiant heat on all levels with Nest controllers, Aiphone intercom system, LeGrand switches on dimmers, custom lighting and pendants, CAT6, dual-flush toilets by Philippe Starck, knot-less French oak floors, and integrated speaker system. The garage features 2-car parking with an automatic door, and has enough space for storage.
All in all, 211 West represents years of careful thought, consideration, and planning, all coming to fruition in what is unmistakably one of the finest homes in Sausalito! The location provides endless opportunities for fun, exploration, and community, all while being just a few minutes from San Francisco. Please contact the Payton + Binnings Team for a private showing at [email protected] or by calling 415-891-7770.
Sausalito offers some the best views of San Francisco that Marin County has to offer. Stroll along the bayfront promenade on a weekend, and you'll hear the languages of visitors who come to Sausalito from all over the world.
Tourists come for the Sausalito Art Festival, its hidden walks, its funky houseboat colonies, its seafood, and unforgettable views. But come during a weekday, and you'll likely have it all to yourself. Sausalito’s Bridgeway is home to pleasant Dunphy Park, while the local library and Studio 333, a warehouse-sized art gallery, are a few blocks away.
Food runs the gamut from Sushi Ran to Smitty's Bar -- where the bartender knows you your name and the kitchen serves up a delicious and unpretentious cheeseburger and fries.
Increasingly, Sausalito is home to new media and green-tech entrepreneurs who have traded in the Silicon Valley commute for a walk to headquarters along the Waterfront and Marinship District.
Located just north of the Golden Gate Bridge, Sausalito boasts quick access to San Francisco by car, bus, ferry, or bike.